Friday, March 09, 2007

Back again

I can't believe that it's been so long since I blogged last. I am so bad at this!
My excuse is that a lot has happened on several fronts since last time so here goes.
The lab I work at finally closed and we are now settling in at the new lab. I have just about got used to the new travel arrangements, lots of new colleagues etc but there is still much to do and I have been feeling very tired due to the stress of it all. A few of us went for a Chinese meal when the old lab close d and I was very pleased that I managed to go and enjoy myself without worrying too much about what was happening at home.
Emma is now on a course of anti - depressants and despite the fact that they make her feel quite tired and a bit nauseous she seems to be showing signs of improvement. School attendance hasn't changed a lot but she is making an effort in that direction too. She has been talking more about things that have happened in the last few months too which is good I feel as it should help her to deal with it and move on.
It was my birthday this week so I took a couple of days off work. We went out for a meal - just the 4 of us which was good. I got some lovely threads from the birthday exchange that I help to organise and a dear friend sent me this kit (the guardian angel one)
http://www.jaynesattic.co.uk/acatalog/Letters_Tied_With_Blue.html
DH and DDs bought me Stargate SG1 series 9 on DVD and I also got some cash.
On the stitching front I have stitched month 2 of the Heirloom Embroideries mystery SAL and just started on Ink Circles Cirque des Circles which I am stitching in Gold Glow by Carries Creations on cream 32ct Belfast linen. I have also completed the March flip-it from Lizzie Kate.
My scanner is now on the floor under the computer table so it's not as easy to post pics but I will try and do some soon.
that's all for now - thanks if you persevered this far......

No comments: