Sunday, January 24, 2010

Quick update

i have been busy stitching on SHRH this week - it is growing slowly and I really like the way it looks. Sally and I have been joined in our SAL by Nicki which is great - the more the merrier.
Here is my progress so far - still on course to complete this block by the end of the month.



Sorry it's a little crooked!

I have also been working on Winter Mandala by Ink Circles - really enjoying this design and I have done quite a bit more on Cirque des Triangles, however it's too big to fit in the scanner and I just couldn't get a decent photo in the dull depressing light we have here at the moment. Here is a pic of my progress on Winter Mandala. Loving those colours. It is stitched in DMC on 32 ct antique white linen.

I just joined the Ink Circles Stitchers blog with a view to joining in a SAL for The Bramble and the Rose - like I don't have enough on the go!! Can't decide on colours for it though.
I also have to stitch my Fair and Square exchange piece - have finally decided on a design after much thought. Can't tell yet but will post a pic when it has been received.
Other than stitching I don't have much news - feeling a bit down really, I think I am fed up of the winter weather. Hope to have more to tell next time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Shores is coming along really well Jane, your stitching is absolutely perfect, so neat! Winter Mandala is definitely on my to do list this year, the colours are some of my favourites. There are lots joining the Bramble SAL, it should be great fun! The weather is very gloomy at the moment, I think we could all do with a few days of bright sunshine. Hope you feel better soon.

Nicki said...

It looks great Jane! I was stitching the waves last night and it looks like we're in almost exactly the same place on those :) I still need to do the sun though, so a little catching up to do!

Julie said...

Great progress on Shores, love the Ink Circle colours too.

I think we all need a boost of some spring sunshine, its been too bleak for too long!

Sheila said...

I really like your Winter Mandala - I seem to be drawn to blues lately. You have some great projects on the go but looks like you have room for a few more lol. Hope you join the Bramble SAL. I've already put you on the list for the black fabric/WDW whiskey SAL.

Sally said...

Wow your Shores is coming along nicely Jane. I'm hoping to finish the block before the end of January too but not sure it'll happen lol.

Love how your Winter Mandala is looking. I'd like to stitch this one myself.

Hope you're feeling brighter soon.

Dani - tkdchick said...

You've got two beautiful projects on the go there! I just love Ink Circles stuff!

Barb said...

Wow you have made progress there girl, what a happy Mr Sun. We could do with him making an appearance maybe we would all feel a little better then, look forward to seeing the next pic. Your stitching is perfection.

Karan said...

Great progress on Shores & I love the Mandala (on the To Do list). Looking forward to seeing the progress pics for Bramble when the SAL starts. Sounds like you're ready for Spring too. :0)