Welcome to Jane's blog, this is where I chart my journey through my stitching life (and some bits of my other life too) Success, failure, good days and bad.
Wednesday, June 09, 2010
Laura's House in the Woods
I haven't been feeling much like stitching recently as I have been finding it difficult to concentrate so thought I would try something simple to stitch so I bought some e-charts from Tanya (The Sampler Girl ) in her Memorial Day sale. - I love getting charts by email - instant gratification!
This is the first one I have stitched - Laura's House in the Woods. I used to love Little House on the Prairie when I was a child. This was a quick stitch and very enjoyable - I want to make it into a pillow at some stage to go in my bedroom once it is decorated.
The only other stitching I have done was on Bramble and the Rose - this is my progress for May. I like stitching this but am not sure about the colour I chose - somehow it just isn't "me" but I will persevere as I think it will look good when it is finished.
I took the day off today - feels like ages since I had a day off so I just did a bit of housework, a couple of hours on my college assignment and some stitching while watching Glee and NCIS Los Angeles which I recorded the other night. Back to work tomorrow until my next days off on Sunday and Monday.
I have ordered the next two LHN threadpacks May/June and July/August so I am going to try and stitch up March and April. It would be nice to get caught up with these and they are nice easy stitches. Then I really must get back to Shores which has been put aside as I just couldn't concentrate enough to stitch on it. Hopefully I will be blogging some more progress soon. Until then, thanks for reading.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hi Jane good to see you posting again missed you. Love Lauras House in the woods was it in DMC threads.Bramble is coming on a treat too well done. You certainly seem to have your hands full with your studying (take a break now and then)
Hugs
Lovely to see you Jane:) Laura's House in the Woods is gorgeous and Bramble is coming along beautifully.
Bramble looks great and the Sampler Girl finish is lovely.
Lovely finish..... must try & have one of those myself soon, so I can remember what it feels like! LOL Bramble is looking gorgeous. :0)
Post a Comment