Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Finished at last

It's taken me a while to get around to blogging but do I have a couple of finishes to show. The first is Summer At The Shore by Country Cottage Needleworks. I won this chart in a giveaway on Nikki Leeman's blog and it has taken me ages to finish it. It is stitched in natural linen using the called for threads. I have already stitched Beach Cottage and have just ordered the Bayside Bungalows chart pack. My plan is to frame them all in white frames to hang in my bedroom which is decorated in light teal and white.



My second finish is Stitcher's Retreat by Blackbird Designs. I stitched this in two Carries colours - Navy Blues and Viridian. To be honest this was because I didn't have enough of the navy thread but I quite like the way it turned out. It is my first project from the Stitcher's Journey book and after seeing the box that Sally made I want to try a box next!


I am still working on on AotH Clara Ellen (SAL with Sally, LesleyAnne and Lisa). I have changed the name to Sarah Helen - my DDs name and will add her date of birth. Hopefully I will have a finish on this one soon.


19 comments:

blueladie said...

Wonderful finishes and stitching, Jane. Thanks for inviting us for a visit to your blog. :) Cathryn (LHN/CCN grp)

valerie said...

Wonderful finishes Jane! Love your progress on Clara Ellen.

Stitchabilities said...

Lovely finishes

Rita said...

Beautiful finishes and stitching!

MaryT said...

Jane really beautiful work. I can't decide which I like the best.

Mary Louise in IN

Anonymous said...

Lovely finishes Jane. I really like Stitchers Retreat, one of my favourites from Stitcher's Journey, unfortunately my copy accidentally got mixed up with our recycling a few weeks ago ;-(

Kate said...

Great finishes Jane. Love your latest AoTH.

Sally said...

Two gorgeous finishes Jane and I love your Clara Ellen WIP. It is so pretty.

By the way we're SAL-ing with Lisa B and Valerie lol!

Karan said...

Your needle has been very busy & I've enjoyed catching up & seeing all your beautiful finishes & WIP's. Have to say: SR is still my favourite - going to have to stitch a piece in those two colours! :0)

Angie said...

love summer at the shore. It just moved up my wishlist

Barb said...

Whoo hoo Jane super duper finishes there. I was so pleased to see a post from you it seems ages. Hope you are ok and the back is behaving. Take care

Milly~ said...

Nice finishes!

Niina said...

Really nice work :) Thank you for sharing!

Lesleyanne said...

Two gorgeous finishes. Lovely progress on your AotH.

MaryT said...

Really nice Jane, I love just about all of what you have stitched.

Mary Louise in IN

Julie said...

2 super finishes Jane and i love AoTH and the change you made, i think this one might be my favourite, the colours are superb

Lisa said...

Congrats on two lovely finishes, they are so pretty, I love the Summer at the Shore design, so wish I lived near the sea.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful finishes Jane, I love how you used 2 colours of thread for the seaside retreat, and your CCN finish is a new one to me, it's very nice
your BBD aoth is coming along lovely, I must get my aoth out soon

Angie said...

wow