Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shores and a finish

Just thought I would show my completed block 2 of Shores of Hawk Run Hollow. I didn't really enjoy stitching this block but now that it is done I like the way it looks. I am going to have a couple of nights stitching on one of my Ink Circles pieces and then I will start on block 3.



I also finished the first LHN monthly thread pack, although I did leave off the french knots on the snowman, I may add beads later on. This was such a relaxing stitch and I want to get on to the February one which I have already stitched once, then I need to order the next two from the U.S.



I won't have  a lot of stitching time this week as I am at work until Thursday and then we are going to Great Yarmouth for the weekend. It is the 25th anniversary of the Queen fan Club convention and as DH is a big Queen fan we are going for the weekend - it is held at a holiday park so we will be staying in a caravan. I hope that I will get to do some stitching while I am there!
I am also hoping that we will get time to find and visit my grandmother's grave as she is buried in Great Yarmouth . . I only have vague memories of her as I was only 8 when she died ( she died in1967). It would be nice to see the grave and leave some flowers, I would like to get a photo if that is possible as my mum has never been to see the grave.

I have decided that I don't have enough new starts and am going to stitch a wedding sampler for a work colleague. The design I have chosen is Bride's Bouquet by Lili Soleil which is available on the Creative Poppy site. What do people think? Is it a good choice? I was a bit stuck as the colour scheme and everything about the wedding is top secret so I thought I would go with something traditional.
thanks for reading and once again for the lovely comments. I have really become much more motivated with my stitching since I have been posting more regularly on here and the comments really help.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Oh well done Jane on completing another block, I love watching the progress on this .January is so sweet too. Hope the visit to the caravan is enjoyable,and the weather is kind to you.

Julie said...

Another lovely block. Enjoy your weekend away.

Sally said...

Congralations on finishing block 2 Jane. I think block 3 is much nicer to stitch.

Your LHN is lovely.

Enjoy your weekend.

Karan said...

The Shores block & January are both lovely. Not seen the Bride's Bouquet design before but I love it - reckon the lucky couple will too. :0)
Hope you have a great weekend Jane. :0)

Stitchingranny said...

Love the stitching you have done and the brides bouquet is just perfect for an unknown themed wedding.