Last Tuesday DH, DD2 and I went up to Hartlepool to see the Tall Ships leave port as part of the Tall Ships race. We picked my mum up on the way and spent the day watching the ships, then went to visit my brother ( who lives in Hartlepool) out for something to eat at his local and back to mum's to see my other brother.
DH took lots of photos - here are a few....
I also had some good news - Nikki Leeman of Country Cottage Needleworks had a giveaway on her blog and I won! I chose the chart "Summer at the Shore" as it will make a nice companion for Beach Cottage which I stitched a while ago. I am going to frame them and hang them in my bedroom. They are both nostalgic pieces which remind me of summers by the sea when the girls were small. I am ordering the threads I need from Mary Kathryn's new webshop and will be stitching this very soon.
I have only had time for a little stitching and am still getting used to our new scanner so these images are not the best.
First up is a chart from The Sampler Girl - I love this poem and am going to make this into a pillow one of these days . Stitched in Carrie's Raspberry on cream Belfast linen.
Next is my progress on Shores - not so much I'm afraid as I just can't stitch on this when I'm tired. However I got new glasses yesterday and the reading addition to my varifocal lenses has been increased so I hope that this will help.
Lastly is the May thread pack from LHN/CC - this one is almost finished and as September and October are on their way I had better get a move on if I want to finish these by the end of the year!
I haven't got the hang of the editing software yet as you can see!
Well that's all for now - hope to be back soon! thanks for reading and especially for the lovely comments.



4 comments:
Love the photos of the tall ships. That must have been quite a sight to see.
Congratulations on winning the chart. Looking forward to seeing your progress:)
Love The Sampler Girl finish. I love that verse. Shores is coming along nicely. I struggle with it sometimes when I'm tired I must admit and I'm due for a sight test next month so maybe new glasses might be in order.
What a spectacular sight to see, i bet it was amazing.
Shores is looking lovely, the sampler girl finish is lovely.
Congrats on your win, shame we cant win some time to do a bit more stitching! LOL
Hi there Jane, the tall ships are quite a sight aren't they ,they were here in Weymouth a few years ago.
Well done on TSG finish,I do love her designs. Just a sucker for anything with WORDS on.
Shores is coming along and will be absolutely super duper when finished, but meanwhile I am enjoying watching it grow.
Congrats on the win, it is just so exciting when it is announced you have won isnt it.
Take care and will be looking for the next post lol.
Hugs
Looks like the ships were an amazing sight. WTG on the win & nice choice. Nice finish & good progress on your WIP's. :0)
Don't worry - it takes me a while to tame new technology too. LOL
Post a Comment