Saturday, February 26, 2011

A few small finishes

Just a quick update to show a few small designs that I finished this week. At the moment I seem to only be stitching small things, I think that it is because of my back , I am finding it difficult to sit still or to concentrate for very long.
My first finish was the AotH No. 5 - Farm House. I really like the colours in this one. It was stitched on Belfast linen in Flax using the threads as listed on the chart. The date is the date DH and I bought our house and I put out initials on too. Unfortunately the real  house is much much smaller than this one!

Next is Fancy a Jane Day by The Sampler Girl. A nice quick stitch and now I need to make it into something.I need to decide on a new design for the Wednesday night TSG SAL. I don't think it will be Jane Austen but have a couple of ideas.


Finally the August threadpack from LHN. The colours here are quite unusual I thought but I do like it.



On the subject of threadpacks, which are one of my favourite ways to build up my stash and try new things, have you seen these? I just know I am going to have to have them!

Finally I received my order from The Crafty Kitten today, I bought a couple of small cuts of Belfast linen in Oatmeal and Vintage Petals just to try and the colours are lovely, very subtle.

5 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely finishes.

Julie said...

Super stitching Jane, i do hope your back improves soon

Lisa said...

Congrats on some lovely finishes, I especially like the Jane one and the August threadpack.
I hope you get some relief for your back soon (hugs).

Sally said...

I love all your finishes Jane. Farm House is gorgeous. Love the colour of the house.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Anonymous said...

beautiful finishes Jane

I love farm house, great idea putting the date you bought your house, I was trying to think what else I could use to personalise these
I really love those LHN monthly samplers, you wouldn't be thinking of selling just the charts for these would you?

I hope your back gets better soon x