stitched items yet. DH got me the new REM CD and took me out for a lovely meal at the Three Fishes gastropub in the Ribble Valley. The pub is part of a chain owned by the chef Nigel Haworth and the food and service was faultless. Set in lovely scenery too.
My mum sent me some money for my birthday, haven't decided what to use it for yet, and on Sunday we popped up to see her and my brothers and went out for lunch. It was a nice day and the weather picked up in the afternoon.
I also received a lovely card from Barb and she sent me a gift voucher for Fobbles. Now, this is somewhere I would love to visit but thought it was a bit far for a day trip so I have contented myself with placing an order by phone. I will let you know what I chose when my gift arrives.
Now on to stitching, firstly my TSG SAL piece, It's a Wonderful Life stitched on Oatmeal Belfast linen from The Crafty Kitten using Carries threads
Next I have made a small start on the AotH design Happy Birthday but have no idea about how I will personalize it.
Finally I stitched a small seasonal piece - the freebie design from Blue Ribbon Designs called Leprachaun Lodge. Stitched on raw Belfast linen again using Carries threads. Nice and bright and cheeful - just needs finishing now!
Well I think that is all for now. I am at work this week and the beginning of next and then we are off to Great Yarmouth for the Queen convention. Anyone know of any stitchy shops down there?
Thanks to everyone for reading and especially for the lovely comments.



8 comments:
Great Irish freebie finish, very colourful
Asyou are stitching this house in your Happy Birthday month, could you personalise it with your birthdate or something similar?
Lovely WIP's
Lovely progress on your wips. Great finish. Happy Belated Birthday for Tuesday.
some nice stitching there Jane, you asked about stitching shops in Great Yarmouth ,there is Northgate needlework I think they have a website.Hope this helps. Enjoy the pressie.
Hugs
Great stitching progress Jane. Good to hear that you enjoyed your birthday too.
Lovely progress on Wonderful Life and Happy Birthday. Love your Irish finish.
Glad you had a lovely birthday :)
Glad you enjoyed your birthday, sounds like a lovely few days.
Nice progress on your wips, I especially love It's A Wonderful Life. Congrats on your finish as well, nice and cheerful, just what we need in this dismal weather.
Glad you enjoyed your birthday Jane, sounds like you had a lovely few days. Hope you enjoy Great Yarmouth too. Good luck with the new sewing machine, it's not too bad once you get the hang of it!
What a lovely finish and nice new starts.
Sounds like you had a lovely birthday. Mine is tomorrow and I foresee a very quiet day this year.
Post a Comment