Thursday, January 26, 2012

Quick update

Well it's taken me a while to get around to another post. All the hours I worked in December took their toll and I have been very tired for the last few weeks. So, I have seen sense and started to use the leave I have remaining to cut my hours to a reasonable number per week. I'm feeling a lot better for it and have got quite a bit of stitching done too.
First up is Snow White by LHN - this chart was a gift from Karan and I love it. Need to decide how to finish it now...so long as I do it before next Christmas that will be fine won't it?


Next is the 2011 Loose Feathers design. I have stitched the first two parts and really like the way it is looking. I will be stitching the final part very soon.


I am enjoying stitching birds at the moment - I want to do another papier mache box with a bird design on the top to store my small Yankee candles in.

Lastly I have re-started my AotH with Sally. I am stitching the bonus chart from AotH 12 and it is stitching up very quickly in a lovely colour palette. I always use the recommended threads when stitching Blackbird Designs as the palette is so pretty.


I treated myself to some stash in the JJs sale - the Ink Circles Seasonal Mandalas charts ( I had already started Winter when it was published in JCS magazine) and the Treble and Alto clef designs to go with the bass clef I stitched last year.
I still haven't decided on a plan for my 2012 stitching - I made a list of what I wanted to stitch but I'm not sure how far I will get with it! I have also signed up for a Spring themed exchange on Needlecraft Haven - looking forward to that!

Well that's about all for now - hope to be back soon with more to show!


8 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful stitching Jane. I totally agree about the BB Designs, the colours they choose are always perfect for the design. I love the colours in AoftH, they're very much "my" colours.

Sally said...

Love your Snow White finish Jane. I could be in trouble as I want to start mine now!

Love your LF. It's so pretty. I'd love to get around to them this year too.

Nice to AotH back out again. The bonus looks so pretty. I'm starting Swan Lake this weekend.

Glad you're feeling better.

Julie said...

Lots of lovely stitching, our cut in hours is certainly benefitting your stitching time Jane.
I joined the seasonal exchange too.

Lesleyanne said...

Glad you are feeling better Jane. Your stitching is looking great - lovely progress and finish.

Barb said...

Jane you have excelled what a wonderful post. Love the LHN and I too have those Blackbird Designs (to do might I add lol).
I have signed up too for the spring exchange so thinking head on soon. Look forward to seeing the box.
Take care of you sounds as if you needed the time to relax a bit.
Hugs

valerie said...

Beautiful stitching Jane!

Kate said...

Love the Snow White finish - I have this to start.
I'm in the spring exchange too and really looking forward to it.
Lovely update on the WIPs.
Hope the tiredness subsides.

Angie said...

Love snow white