Firstly I have to show you the lovely gifts I received from Sally and Barb for my birthday. Sally made me a lovely pincushion which she had trimmed with a gorgeous and unusual trim, I tried to get a photo of the trim but couldn't get it in focus.
Barb stitched me a lovely wallet and filled it with a cute needle nanny and BBD Gathering Basket chart and the CC threads to stitch it with. Of course I had to start it straight away!
Thanks so much ladies, stitchy gifts are so lovely!!
I had a lovely birthday - spent to day with DH and went to football, we lost but even so it was a good day.
I have a few other things to show. The first is a crochet cushion, if the shape looks abit odd it's because Lottie thinks I made it for her and won't leave it alone!!
I also have some progress on my WIPs. The first is Bayside Bungalows by CCN. Some of you may remember I am stitching these designs to go in my bedroom.
The next two are from BBD, firstly the 2011 Loose Feathers design, I am really pleased with this and so glad I splashed out on the threads and fabric. The next is Anniversaries of the Heart - this is one of the bonus designs, such pretty colours again. I need to get this finished so that I can get the charts off to Sally!
Thanks for reading and I hope to be back soon to show at least one finish and my NH Spring Exchange piece.
9 comments:
What a gorgeous gift from Barb. I'm not surprised you wanted to start the chart straight away. So glad you liked your little pincushion.
You're making lovely progress on your WIPs. Every time I see the BBD LF I want to start mine!
Love your crocheted cushion:)
Beautiful stitched gifts for you birthday Jane.
Love the cushion!
Bayside Bungalow is an adorable design, it would look right at home in my bathroom lol
Oh love the cushion can I place and order lol.
Your stitching is lovely I too have threads and fabby for that and I need to stitch it seeing yours. Soon very soon!!!
Sallys small stitcheries are always a delight to get and that one looks lovely.
Gorgeous birthday gifts Jane, lovely to hear that you enjoyed your day.
Lovely crocheting & stitching update.
your stitching are really lovely!!! and the gift from Barb is adorable!
happy stitching and crocheting! (the crochet pillow is beautiful!!)
francesca
What lovely gifts you received for your birthday! I love the cushion, I have tried crochet so many times and it always ends up a bit of a disaster.
Hi Jane, I have just awarded your blog with the Leibster award!!
Lovely gifts, and lovely stitching
Beautiful stitching. Sally and Barb are the best! x
Post a Comment